Dan M Ritchie, PhD, CSCS, HFS-ACSM
Dan Ritchie, has a broad background in the fitness industry including training and management in commercial and university/hospital-based fitness, for-profit, notfor-profit and educational facilities. His primary areas of expertise are in personal training for special populations: athletes, pregnancy, blind, stroke recovery, Parkinsons, multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, Fibromyalgia, Alzheimers, etc.
He has worked with Division I athletes some of whom have been professionally drafted. He has also worked on state funded research on exercise for severe dementia alzheimers type. He regularly presents at national and regional conferences and has been active on committees for the American College of Sports Medicine.
- PFP Trainer of the Year 2014
- Lynn Fellow, Purdue University 2003-2004
- NSCA Research Grant Recipient, 2005-2006
- Fall Proof Instructor Certified, from California State, Fullerton, 2006
- 2005-2007 Student Affairs Committee, ACSM
- 2005-2007 Board Member Midwest American College of Sports Medicine
- 2008 Nominated for ACSM Board of Trustees
- Enhance Fitness Master Trainer for State of Indiana 2007-current
- Regular Contributor to the CBS Local Morning News 2012
- Nominated for Small Business Owner of the Year 2012
- Has presented at Athletic Business, ACSM, NSCA, DCAC, NCOA